Sunday, August 30, 2009

Little Steps Towards Big Goals

·      $15,000 in debt

·      100lbs over wieght

I am the Perpetual Procrastinator, unable to start anything I don’t foresee finishing with in ten seconds.  I created this blog last week, I got around to writing in it tonight.

It’s going to be anonymous, other than the 3 people I’ve told (including my husband). My husband, Paul, is the most wonderful, loving man I know, he supports me in everything.  Our home is beautiful, quaint (or small), in a peaceful area near a lake lined with a walking path and a tree filled park and friendly neighbors.  We moved in last year.  Never in my life did I imagine I would end up in such a wonderful place.  I graduated from college last year too.  We have a cute 5lb dog, Chichi, she’s the devil but I lover her to death.  My job is difficult but stable, relatively well paying with good benefits and regular hours.  Here I am, with so many wishes that have come true, and I am not happy.  I am 100lbs over weight.  2 years ago, when I met my husband, I was a size 8/10, now I’m size18/20.  Our combined debt equals almost $15,000.00.  Despite this, I spend money like I’m Paris Hilton and everyday I eat like it’s my last meal as a death row inmate and tomorrow I will die…t.  I’m sinking, losing money and gaining weight.  I’m not going to lose a ton of weight in 6 weeks and be spokes person in The Abinator 3000 infomercial or get out of debt in 6 weeks and find millions of dollars of wealth in just under an hour of work per day.  I don’t know how I’m going to accomplish everything, but I do know that nothing will get done if I don’t move.  That is my strategy, MOVE and DO something.  Small steps towards big goals.

BIG GOAL

1.     Lose 100lbs (1lb/week)

This week small steps

a.     20 min walk around the lake or on the treadmill everyday

b.     No pop

c.     No ice-cream

BIG GOAL

2.     Get out of debt

This week small steps

a.     No Starbucks

b.     No smoking

2 comments:

  1. First day, hope you're doing well so far. You can do this. I'll check back tonight to see how your day went.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear heavens, i have a headache just thinking about the caffeine withdrawl. i support whatever your goals are. i can be a soda fiend, so i tell myself one soda per day. (some days it happens, someday it does not, but it is not 3 bug gulps everyday without a thought. that is something that works for me.

    ReplyDelete